The Luxemburg-Casco high school soccer program launched in 2001 as a club. Soccer was eventually recognized as a varsity athletic sport at L-C in 2002 and the program has since grown immensely. The men’s team accrued a 6-13-2 record in a humbling inaugural season, and over the ensuing 10+ years the program has blossomed into a contender in both the Bay Conference and the WIAA State Tournament.
Much of the L-C soccer program’s progress thus far can be attributed to Blair and Jenny Bandow. The Bandows committed themselves to building a program from the ground up, and they contributed to the growth of soccer in the area by coaching the JV and Varsity high school teams, running youth camps and training sessions, and coaching local players with club teams. Their enthusiasm and commitment, coupled with the passion of local families involved with the sport, led to the creation of the Luxemburg-Casco Soccer Club.
The purpose of the L-C Soccer Club is to usher further development of the sport in our area by working to generate the resources and community interest necessary for soccer to grow. The L-C Soccer Club strives to support the high school soccer program and youth soccer in the area in the following ways:
- Provide equipment, services, and facilities that are not provided by the school district
- Support the coaching staff to help produce teams of the highest competitive level (no member of the Club will have the authority to dictate polices normally in the coaches’ area of responsibility)
- Promote the pursuit of excellence in all athletic and scholastic endeavors
- Promote parent/student involvement by coordinating all supporting activities of the Club
- Encourage attendance at soccer-related functions and total community support of the program
- Ensure recognition for the soccer program, its athletes, and coaches
- Raise money through various activities to support the purpose of the Club
The Club considers its goals to be: assisting the school administration in carrying out its extracurricular soccer program through moral, volunteer, and material support; and promoting student achievement in the school’s extra-curricular soccer program.
Membership in the Club is open to the following:
- Any person with a child attending a school in the Luxemburg-Casco School District
- Alumni of Luxemburg-Casco High School
- Any person of post-high school age interested in contributing to the goals of this organization
Regular members shall be those paying the annual dues. If you are interested in becoming a member of the club, please contact info@LuxemburgCascoSoccer.com.
We can be reached via email at info@LuxemburgCascoSoccer.com. You can also reach us by mail at:
Luxemburg-Casco Soccer Club
N5578 Henry Ct
Luxemburg, WI 54217